What games are you playing right now?

If it ain't Nintendo
Mr_Nick666
Reactions:

Re: What games are you playing right now?

Post by Mr_Nick666 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:55 am

Mr Freak wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:04 pm
Started Imp of the Sun.
If you like the Ori and Gaucamelee series then you should definitely check this out as it is a mix of both that I highly recommend.
The Ori games are some of the best games I've played in the last 30 years! I'm all over this one (never new it existed until now) :mrgreen:

Finally installed Hogwart's Legacy on my new rig.. Still haven't actually played it yet though (it's one for me and my good lady wife to play through together).

Delicious Malk
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Delicious Malk » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:47 pm

Mr_Nick666 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:55 am
Mr Freak wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:04 pm
Started Imp of the Sun.
If you like the Ori and Gaucamelee series then you should definitely check this out as it is a mix of both that I highly recommend.
The Ori games are some of the best games I've played in the last 30 years! I'm all over this one (never new it existed until now) :mrgreen:

Finally installed Hogwart's Legacy on my new rig.. Still haven't actually played it yet though (it's one for me and my good lady wife to play through together).
I'm waiting for a bigger sale on Hogwarts Legacy and then my wife and I will be doing the same!

Currently I'm looking at potentially buying that Unicorn Overlord game from Atlus, as I love tactics games... but mostly I'm just waiting for the Paper Mario TTYD remake in May, as I still consider that one of the best RPGs ever made
Kahhhhyle wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:29 pm
I'm a Wii U loser not a Vita loser

Mr_Nick666
Reactions:

Post by Mr_Nick666 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:57 pm

Delicious Malk wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:47 pm
I'm waiting for a bigger sale on Hogwarts Legacy and then my wife and I will be doing the same!
Got it in the Steam Christmas sale. I was just waiting for me to decide on a new PC before I install. It was super cheap though, so I figured grab it while it's there (the game, not the PC - unfortunately!). It's possibly the only game, ever, my wife has begged me to get, so I'm running with it!! :lol:

Mr_Nick666
Reactions:

Post by Mr_Nick666 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:23 pm

I know I've mentioned this before, but it's a real gripe!

Why does Nintendo feel the need for a song and dance for something you've already seen a tonne of times!? :| I'm talking about Zelda TOTK (Breath was the same)..

Trade for a heart = Long selection process and multiple, game stopping, fanfares.
Trade for a stamina extension = Long selection process and multiple, game stopping, fanfares.
Open a chest = Multiple, game stopping, fanfares.
Trade Korok seeds = Long selection process and multiple, game stopping, fanfares (even when you skip).
Etc.

With the latter I got so fed up with it I gave up trading my 110 Korok seeds as it wasn't worth the time hassle.

I can't be alone on this, right?

First one, I'm all for a song and dance. From then on just give me a quick selection menu and I'm all good!

WoodenSaucer
Reactions:

Post by WoodenSaucer » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:08 pm

Mr_Nick666 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:23 pm

Why does Nintendo feel the need for a song and dance for something you've already seen a tonne of times!? :| I'm talking about Zelda TOTK (Breath was the same)..

Trade for a heart = Long selection process and multiple, game stopping, fanfares.
Trade for a stamina extension = Long selection process and multiple, game stopping, fanfares.
Trade Korok seeds = Long selection process and multiple, game stopping, fanfares (even when you skip).
Etc.

With the latter I got so fed up with it I gave up trading my 110 Korok seeds as it wasn't worth the time hassle.

First one, I'm all for a song and dance. From then on just give me a quick selection menu and I'm all good!
Yeah, I agree with that. At least let us actually skip it all.

Mr_Nick666
Reactions:

Post by Mr_Nick666 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:24 pm

WoodenSaucer wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:08 pm
Mr_Nick666 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:23 pm

Etc.

Yeah, I agree with that. At least let us actually skip it all.
There's so many ways to streamline the experience (other games do it!).

Mr Freak
Reactions:

Post by Mr Freak » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:24 am

Finished Imp of the Sun. Great game, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Also finished Lunark, amazing game. Short but very, very good. The animation was so smooth, you can tell it was made by Matt Bozon (Shantaae) and Jordan Mechnar (Prince of Persia).

Also finished Curse of the Sea Rats, another awesome Metroidvania, really enjoyed it. Great artwork.

Also finished another Metroidvania, The Bounty Huntress. It has some absolutely terrible spelling and grammar but the gameplay is solid, especially for the $2 I paid for it.

Started Disney's Illusion Island, great art and the writing is actually funny. The family is playing 4 player which is awesome since it is a Metroidvania and my kids now like them

On PS4 I've started Darksiders 3, awesome game so far, absolutely loving it.

WoodenSaucer
Reactions:

Post by WoodenSaucer » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:23 am

I'm still working on Uncharted 4. I played a little bit yesterday, and I hadn't had time to game at all for a couple of weeks. UC4 is pretty cool, but I think I might like the gameplay in Tomb Raider games a little more.

Mr_Nick666
Reactions:

Post by Mr_Nick666 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:37 pm

Mr Freak wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:24 am
Also finished another Metroidvania, The Bounty Huntress. It has some absolutely terrible spelling and grammar but the gameplay is solid, especially for the $2 I paid for it.
A Metroidvania!? *feigns shock* :shock:
Mr Freak wrote:
Started Disney's Illusion Island, great art and the writing is actually funny. The family is playing 4 player which is awesome since it is a Metroidvania and my kids now like them
Isn't it Disney's Rayman Legends? :roll: It looks pretty sweet, to be honest.. But clearly a Rayman rip-off!! (which isn't a bad thing as the Legend games are awesome).
Mr Freak wrote:
Now we're talking. Superb franchise!
You want to look up Darksiders Genesis too.

Can't wait for 4!!

Mr Freak
Reactions:

Post by Mr Freak » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:22 pm

Mr_Nick666 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:37 pm
Mr Freak wrote:
A Metroidvania!? *feigns shock* :shock:
Mr Freak wrote:
Isn't it Disney's Rayman Legends? :roll: It looks pretty sweet, to be honest.. But clearly a Rayman rip-off!! (which isn't a bad thing as the Legend games are awesome).
Mr Freak wrote:
Now we're talking. Superb franchise!
You want to look up Darksiders Genesis too.

Can't wait for 4!!
Yeah Illusion Island is similar to Rayman but is more of a Metroidvania than Rayman was. Rayman was more linear, in Illusion Island you gain abilities to unlock more of the map in typical Metroidvania fashion so it is same, same, but different. It is excellent though so I highly recommend it. Being 4 player makes it great fun with the family and the writing and art is cartoon quality.

I already have Genesis, that will be next. I'm enjoying Darksiders 3 more than the first 2 tbh.

Bring on 4.