Nicholas
Reactions:

Re: Rumor: PS3, PSP, and PS Vita online stores shutting down soon

Post by Nicholas » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:57 pm

WoodenSaucer wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:49 pm
Joker wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:00 am
I just want to point out something in this thread.

Something being largely unknown doesn't make it irrelevant. If you take the effort to make something for an enthusiastic audience and it turns a profit then you are doing good. The people making/porting games to the Vita knew what they were doing initially. They were providing games to dedicated Vita fans who love the system and they weighed that the financial profits would be worth it - even from a small audience.

There are MANY communities out there who love less popular games and systems, and what makes them a community/friends is that they share the same interest in that thing.

I mean this entire small community here exists because everyone originally liked the WII U which sold very low numbers to the point those numbers can be considered a legit failure for a company of that size.

It's all about your perspective.
You're right. There are people today still making new games for the C64 because there's still a fanbase out there. There are people who download these games and even extract them to floppy disks and play them on actual Commodores. But the difference is that it's just hosted on the internet that we all have access to. The problem with a Vita store is that it's hosted by Sony, and they're paying for that server space and traffic. It's worth it for the small devs making games, and it's worth it to hardcore fans, but it wasn't worth it to Sony. Unfortunately they're the ones who have the say because they're footing the bill. Makes me wonder if it could be possible to sideload games from the internet onto a Vita somehow.
Definitely. Like the PSP you can mod a vita and sail the high seas. And now that Sony is telling everyone they don't need to make money off of the Vita anymore, the system just became one of the best pickups as it can play PSP, Vita, and PS1 games as well as emulators.

WoodenSaucer
Reactions:

Post by WoodenSaucer » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:04 pm

Joker wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:57 pm
WoodenSaucer wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:49 pm
Joker wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:00 am
I just want to point out something in this thread.

Something being largely unknown doesn't make it irrelevant. If you take the effort to make something for an enthusiastic audience and it turns a profit then you are doing good. The people making/porting games to the Vita knew what they were doing initially. They were providing games to dedicated Vita fans who love the system and they weighed that the financial profits would be worth it - even from a small audience.

There are MANY communities out there who love less popular games and systems, and what makes them a community/friends is that they share the same interest in that thing.

I mean this entire small community here exists because everyone originally liked the WII U which sold very low numbers to the point those numbers can be considered a legit failure for a company of that size.

It's all about your perspective.
You're right. There are people today still making new games for the C64 because there's still a fanbase out there. There are people who download these games and even extract them to floppy disks and play them on actual Commodores. But the difference is that it's just hosted on the internet that we all have access to. The problem with a Vita store is that it's hosted by Sony, and they're paying for that server space and traffic. It's worth it for the small devs making games, and it's worth it to hardcore fans, but it wasn't worth it to Sony. Unfortunately they're the ones who have the say because they're footing the bill. Makes me wonder if it could be possible to sideload games from the internet onto a Vita somehow.
Definitely. Like the PSP you can mod a vita and sail the high seas. And now that Sony is telling everyone they don't need to make money off of the Vita anymore, the system just became one of the best pickups as it can play PSP, Vita, and PS1 games as well as emulators.
If that's the case, I guess it would be possible for people to create and sell Vita games to sideload from their own website. It would be harder to make sales because it would all be decentralized. But at least it's still possible. Maybe some hardcore fans and devs need to come up with some kind of Vita hub to fill that purpose.

Kahhhhyle
Reactions:

Post by Kahhhhyle » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:29 pm

WoodenSaucer wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:04 pm
If that's the case, I guess it would be possible for people to create and sell Vita games to sideload from their own website. It would be harder to make sales because it would all be decentralized. But at least it's still possible. Maybe some hardcore fans and devs need to come up with some kind of Vita hub to fill that purpose.
I think you can. I don't keep up with the Vita homebrew scene very much because I'm a Wii U loser not a Vita loser, but I believe you can load games off of the memory cards now

Kahhhhyle
Reactions:

Post by Kahhhhyle » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:21 pm

Since it was being asked. Here's how you can backup and download your library to and from any PS Vita after homebrew.