Learning from past mistakes

Have a suggestion? Post it here!
Nicholas
Reactions:

Re: Learning from past mistakes

Post by Nicholas » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:31 am

Playroom seems dead now. It could have been prevented with what literally everybody including me has said in this thread. Respect opinions over video games and moderate fairly without favoritism, it's so easy.

Now that Drew isn't being satisfied by anyone biting his bait how long before he tires out and realizes why there is nobody around?

aMarioFan64
Reactions:

Post by aMarioFan64 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:22 pm

Joker wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:31 am
Now that Drew isn't being satisfied by anyone biting his bait how long before he tires out and realizes why there is nobody around?
He posts in his Comical thread all by himself and brags about how many views it's getting. He'll continue to be delusional.
Switch FC: SW-1653-7750-0034

WoodenSaucer
Reactions:

Post by WoodenSaucer » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:37 pm

I hope people don't get uptight now that I've signed up, but I just want you all to know I hear and understand what you're saying. I wasn't the right guy for the job over there, and I honestly never wanted to be moderator. I agreed to do it because I felt responsible. I was the main one, along with Nick, who pushed for the mass exodus over to that empty site, and I overloaded SourceCode with an instant community that he probably wasn't ready for. So I felt responsible and agreed to help him out with moderation. And it was that sense of feeling responsible that kept me from leaving long before I did. But finally, I just had all I could take, so I said "screw it" and left.

I knew I wasn't the guy from the job. I was burnt bad as a moderator at the original site, and I dropped out of the team over there. I didn't like how things were going at the Playroom, and most of you guys have no freakin idea the abuse we had to go through behind the scenes from all sides. No matter what we did, somebody was going to be extremely angry about it. If we showed grace, I got yelled at over it. If I disciplined, I got yelled at from a whole different group about it. And I was always the one that took the brunt of it. People look at moderation as some glamorous thing, but it utterly sucks, especially when things get how they were.

I know some of you might be formulating a response to tell me what all I did wrong and what I should have done, but I lived through it, and I know. Anyway, I don't plan on rehashing all of this anymore. I just felt like I needed to share my heart about this so I can move on and hopefully just become a normal part of the community. Hopefully there's no hard feelings between you all and I. I'm glad it's someone else's problem now. :D

Ninja Monkey
Reactions:

Post by Ninja Monkey » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:23 pm

WoodenSaucer wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:37 pm
I hope people don't get uptight now that I've signed up, but I just want you all to know I hear and understand what you're saying. I wasn't the right guy for the job over there, and I honestly never wanted to be moderator. I agreed to do it because I felt responsible. I was the main one, along with Nick, who pushed for the mass exodus over to that empty site, and I overloaded SourceCode with an instant community that he probably wasn't ready for. So I felt responsible and agreed to help him out with moderation. And it was that sense of feeling responsible that kept me from leaving long before I did. But finally, I just had all I could take, so I said "screw it" and left.

I knew I wasn't the guy from the job. I was burnt bad as a moderator at the original site, and I dropped out of the team over there. I didn't like how things were going at the Playroom, and most of you guys have no freakin idea the abuse we had to go through behind the scenes from all sides. No matter what we did, somebody was going to be extremely angry about it. If we showed grace, I got yelled at over it. If I disciplined, I got yelled at from a whole different group about it. And I was always the one that took the brunt of it. People look at moderation as some glamorous thing, but it utterly sucks, especially when things get how they were.

I know some of you might be formulating a response to tell me what all I did wrong and what I should have done, but I lived through it, and I know. Anyway, I don't plan on rehashing all of this anymore. I just felt like I needed to share my heart about this so I can move on and hopefully just become a normal part of the community. Hopefully there's no hard feelings between you all and I. I'm glad it's someone else's problem now. :D
Yeah I had the feeling that you never wanted to be a mod in the first place from the very start, which honestly caught me off guard when you... well became a moderator. Part of me questioning it was, like you said you dropped out the previous instance of being a mod for feeling burnt out.
But I had a strong gut feeling that you moved on with it because of you and Nick being vocal supporters/pushers for the forums.
But really, you shouldn't have held yourself responsible. If you didn't want part of it, I'm sure there would've been others that would've liked to take your place. What I mean is, it's much better to get someone that wants to do the due's rather than having someone that feels obliged to do it.

As for people getting "uptight", you needn't worry about that I don't think. You've been a member of this community since long before I became part of it even.
Whatever's "there" it's water under the bridge.

I know how the ugly side of being part of the administration can be as I've too experienced it first hand.
And if it makes it any better I wasn't on anyone's case. Up until my stealth announcement of that I wasn't going to be a part of the forum going forward my contact with the administrative side of things were pretty much null. I bugged source for forum tables, but that's about it lol
A_horse_with_no_name Extraordinaire®
▓▓▓▓▓░▒▒▒▒▒▓▓██▒░░▒▒
▓▓▓░░░▒▒▒▒▒▓▓██░▒▒▒▒
▓▓░▐▌░░▒▒▒▒▒▓▓██▒▒▒▒▒
▓▓░░▌░▒▒▒▒▒▓▓██▒▒▒▒▓▒
▓▓▒░░░░░░
▀███░░░░
▓▒▒░░░░
▌▄████▌░░░
▓▒▒░░░░
███▄█▌░░░
▓▒▒░░░░░
▀▀▀▀░░░░
▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▐▄░
▒▒▒▒▒▒░░
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░

Nicholas
Reactions:

Post by Nicholas » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:20 am

WoodenSaucer wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:37 pm

I actually said recently on the playroom that I missed you as a mod because you would have handled some things differently.

If you don't know, Mr.Fish posted some offensive material to try to bait specifically me into a rage response (he literally just quoted a random comment of mine) and I didn't say anything back, just reported it and Nick deleted it. However, Fish saw it was deleted and reposted the same material again and when I PM'd Nick about it he just said "He reworded it enough that it's OK". That kind of bullsh$t was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. There is obviously favoritism for that guy by at least Nick, he says things Nick agrees with and has been around for years so of course, he will be hands off with him and let him say whatever the hell he wants and drive a community into the ground.

I feel like at that point you would have done ANYTHING since posting the same deleted crap again is circumventing moderation.

Ancient
Reactions:

Post by Ancient » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:52 am

Joker wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:20 am
If you don't know, Mr.Fish posted some offensive material to try to bait specifically me into a rage response (he literally just quoted a random comment of mine) and I didn't say anything back, just reported it and Nick deleted it. However, Fish saw it was deleted and reposted the same material again and when I PM'd Nick about it he just said "He reworded it enough that it's OK". That kind of bullsh$t was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. There is obviously favoritism for that guy by at least Nick, he says things Nick agrees with and has been around for years so of course, he will be hands off with him and let him say whatever the hell he wants and drive a community into the ground.

I feel like at that point you would have done ANYTHING since posting the same deleted crap again is circumventing moderation.
Re-posting deleted stuff, even if re-arranged, is a no-no, and Mr. Nick made a huge mistake letting that slide. (As I've said.)

That in mind, though, this is a whole different site now, and it's maybe best to let things go, wouldn't you say? :?:
President of the Jonas Grumby fan club.

WoodenSaucer
Reactions:

Post by WoodenSaucer » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:29 am

Not trying to be mean, but I honestly don't give a rip what Mr. Fish did on the other site. I left there for a reason, and if I have to hear about the drama here all the time, I probably won't keep hanging around here either.

Delicious Malk
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Delicious Malk » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:40 am

WoodenSaucer wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:29 am
Not trying to be mean, but I honestly don't give a rip what Mr. Fish did on the other site. I left there for a reason, and if I have to hear about the drama here all the time, I probably won't keep hanging around here either.
I agree. Can't really have a fresh start if we want to keep old baggage around.
Kahhhhyle wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:29 pm
I'm a Wii U loser not a Vita loser

The Cloud Strife
Reactions:

Post by The Cloud Strife » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:34 am

Not trying to dig up anything else from the past, but I just wanted to say that at the end of the day, Woody, you were just given an impossible situation. You definitely shouldn’t blame yourself, and I don’t think there will be any hard feelings with anyone, and certainly not with me. I was hoping you’d make it over here, and I’m really glad you did.

wu_wei_lion
Reactions:

Post by wu_wei_lion » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:12 am

I agree. We should make like a certain Disney princess and let it go

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk